3/12/11

Tufted Stuff

Through my quest of discovering my new style, I have come across something I truly love. Tufted stuff! Specific, huh? Basically, it is textile that is clumped by weaving. Ok, now that I totally failed you at a definition, you'll have to check out the pieces below.

If you don’t know, I love texture in a room. The more the better.  The tufted favorites I’ve found really give the rooms the wow factor.  (Who doesn't want a room with a wow factor, right?!?!) 
My favorite place to find tufted furniture is Arhaus, the mother of luxury. I dream of one day being able to actually afford the beauties that fill up those walls.  Until that day, I will window shop and admire the rich and elegant pieces. Oh wait, that day will most likely never come. But heck, even better, I’ll make them myself for a quarter the price! Here are some tufted pieces I would easily take off of their hands…









Obviously, I don't want to overdue the tufted pieces in my future "home that awaits us". How do you decide  what furniture pieces you want to make that statement? I guess it takes finding the "right" piece. Well, it takes time and lots of looking. Here are some more affordable pieces that have caught my attention lately...
from World Market

from West Elm

from World Market


from West Elm 
from World Market

from Z Gallerie


And..... this is the piece I loved the most… that I dug in my nasty kitchen trash to (re)find…and the inspiration for this post!


Viola! Do you see that lovely bench! I can't wait to find that shape at an estate sale/Salvation Army this spring or summer to do some tufteding myself! 

(Big thanks to Fossil for the above pic, not that they care. I learned of their cool blog here.)

1 comment:

Country Club Oven Repair said...

First time here at your blog and wanted to say i enjoyed reading this