1/13/12

A Shoe Box DIY

 A shoe box. What is is good for? Your second grade kid's habitat project? Yes. 


This was about as far as I got the other night after purchasing some much anticipated boots I've been trying to find on sale.


In about .2 seconds I had a wild idea. (Just like most times.) I was so sick of my jewelry storage, wadded up necklaces got to be rather annoying. I had seen a few of these images on pinterest for jewelry storage. For some reason that night, they popped into my head.(Pinterest=inspiration  24/7) Grabbing my boot box lid, burlap from a previous table cloth, and some heavy duty spray adhesive, I got to work. 


No planning involved. Just doing. I sprayed the lid and covered it with burlap. Next, I sprayed the edges and the insides. 



The spray adhesive was magic...seriously! The glue is not cheap. I felt like I was handing over my wallet when I purchased it for my nephew's Lego table (speaking of, I need to post that sweet little project). But the 9+ dollars was totally worth it. Plus, knowing I do projects every other day and at every other hour of the day, having it around is smart.




I put some clear thumbtacks in the cardboard, hammered some nails, and I was done. It's not a focal point but it's perfect for me to grab quietly in the morning as The. Mr. sleeps away. It's not too bad for being FREE!


What else can you do with a shoe box?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Quality pοѕts is thе сrucіal tо intеrest the pеοple tο
pay а quicκ νisit the wеbsite, that's what this web page is providing.

Stop by my homepage http://www.howtobuyandsellcarsguide.com

Anonymous said...

I'm really inspired along with your writing abilities and also with the structure for your blog. Is that this a paid theme or did you customize it your self? Either way stay up the nice high quality writing, it is uncommon to see a great weblog like this one today..

Review my page; binoa

Anonymous said...

Its like you learn my mind! You seem to know a lot about this,
like you wrote the book in it or something. I believe that you could do with
some % to power the message house a bit, however instead of that, that is excellent blog. An excellent read. I'll definitely be back.

Here is my web page; 24option

Anonymous said...

Many celebrities are already fascinated with the retro looks of for the reason that,
for example, Oprah, Paris Hilton, Pamela Anderson and Kate Hudson etc.
The artist material moisture from your feet, maintain it cold and dry.
What many are finding are imitation, fake UGG Boots.


Feel free to visit my website: ヴィトン

Anonymous said...

Are they here to help us or hurt us? However, there is no guarantee that you will get every coupon listed and the values may
differ. It is said that he dwells in the catacombs underneath the school.
I am sure there are others as well. And everything is finished for
us. These are just a handful of performances left before the short go.
The big light of dexter missouri doctors the UFO
subculture. The only thing I had to make him cry to check
his lungs.

Here is my page - zachariah hedrick

Anonymous said...

ecig, smokeless cigarettes, e cigarette, electronic cigarette starter kit, e cigarette, best electronic cigarette