If you're not lucky enough to have the luxurious shower areas above, please read on.
Shower curtains. What do you think of?
It's usually something I pay no attention to and that's a problem! It seems that my plastic shower liner can get quite gross over time. Here are some helpful facts I found, thanks to this site.
- after showering, keep shower curtain closed to prevent mold growing between the folds
- always ventilate the shower area so moisture can escape
- clean the curtain once a month.....I failed!
- clean fabric shower curtains in the washer, a cup of bleach will kill mold
- clean plastic shower curtains with cleaner and a sponge (seems difficult to me)
- clean plastic shower curtains in the washer too! Add 2 towels for friction.... Huh, must try!
- replace the curtain after 1 year
- any sight of mold, throw away.....Ooops!
I'm a very spoiled wife. The Mr. is usually The King of Shower Cleaning around here so I usually ignore this area. Soft Scrub or Scrubbing Bubbles is our cleaner of choice. Thanks to a serious deep clean recently, The Mr. was able to bleach the bajeebies out of our shower. I made sure to give him The Best Husband Award that day! What's your favorite product or method for cleaning your shower curtain? Please share!