6/24/11

Clean Shower Curtains 101



If you're not lucky enough to have the luxurious shower areas above, please read on.


Shower curtains. What do you think of?


It's usually something I pay no attention to and that's a problem! It seems that my plastic shower liner can get quite gross over time. Here are some helpful facts I found, thanks to this site.

  • after showering, keep shower curtain closed to prevent mold growing between the folds
  • always ventilate the shower area so moisture can escape
  • clean the curtain once a month.....I failed!
  • clean fabric shower curtains in the washer, a cup of bleach will kill mold
  • clean plastic shower curtains with cleaner and a sponge (seems difficult to me)
  • clean plastic shower curtains in the washer too! Add 2 towels for friction.... Huh, must try!
  • replace the curtain after 1 year
  • any sight of mold, throw away.....Ooops!
I'm a very spoiled wife. The Mr. is usually The King of Shower Cleaning around here so I usually ignore this area. Soft Scrub or Scrubbing Bubbles is our cleaner of choice. Thanks to a serious deep clean recently, The Mr. was able to bleach the bajeebies out of our shower. I made sure to give him The Best Husband Award that day! What's your favorite product or method for cleaning your shower curtain? Please share!

2 comments:

Amy said...

You can absolutely wash the liner in the washer! It looks like new when its done ;)

Susan Link said...

Cleaning the bathtub is definitely the thing I hate to do the most - and I really caring for my home. I discovered the Mr Clean Magic Eraser and WOWEE O WOW! You all have to invest in one for your tub/shower. A true miracle worker in getting the dirt out of the tub.