7/28/11

A Space for Blogs

One of the things I love about Home Awaits is that it has opened the door to the blog world for some of you. I appreciate many of my readers who aren't necessarily invested in reading blogs daily. I hope I've introduced you to something you'll enjoy. 


There is a blog for almost anything. No matter your interests. Luckily for me, I discovered my own blog niche after reading them for three months. As I was discussing with some friends, they wanted to know how to receive blog post updates in one place. If you write a blog, you can quit reading now. If you want a space to host the blogs you read, hang around for a sec!


1. First off, check out this 2 minute video about Google Reader.




2. Next, go sign-in or make an account. See here.


3. Then, add blog subscriptions (automatic post updates). Show some love by starting with http://homeawaitsus.blogspot.com/You will then see updates when posted. Viola!


4. Make a tab or bookmark for Google Reader for easy access.


Here are some of my favorite blogs to get you started...


Mom's Who do Interior Design:
10 Rooms
Emily A. Clark
6th Street Design School
Centsational Girl
Little Green Notebook


DIY/Home Remodel:
Young House Love
Natty By Design
House Tweaking


Syle Blog:
The Daybook


Cooking:
Pioneer Woman


Party Inspiration:
Kojo Designs
The Sweetest Occasion
A Subtle Revelry

My friend's blogs:
Life of the Liles
Natty Nook
Purple Pond
Read July

Happy Reading! 
Would love to hear feedback on how/if this works for you!

1 comment:

Susan Link said...

Thank you, thank you, thank YOU!! I just haven't taken the time to do this and now I don't have to think about it, I can just follow your instruction. Good post.