5/1/11

Drab to Fab

I am excited to announce that the bedroom is coming together! It must have taken this post to do it! At the end of last week, I found some solid fabric at Joann’s and of course it was on clearance! Let’s just say the new curtains are ironed and hanging. (More to come on them later.) I’m still stuck on nightstands. Boo. We   a  l  m  o  s  t   made a purchase at HomeGoods but decided against the circular tables.

Also, I’m trying to figure out the lighting situation for the bedroom. There is no overhead light so lamps are a must! Currently we have two small ones that do an okay job. I could use a little more lighting. I’ve learned that a well lit room has at least three sources of light. I’m not sure if I will pull this one off in the revamped bedroom. I am considering adding a little something to a lamp shade. Maybe you'll dream like me and want to add some love to an old lamp.

From Drab:

To Fab:





And here's the potential for my future table lamps! I love the texture the burlap creates! 
This may be perfect!
You can learn more about it here.

Do YOUR rooms have at least three sources of lighting?

2 comments:

Catherine Denton said...

I LOVE the ribbon one! What fun. And the map one would be awesome too.
My Blog

nattynook.net said...

I have 4 sources in our bedroom and yet every time I go to Pier 1 or IKEA, I want to buy MORE!!!